Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY HANUKKAH

The kids the first night of Hanukkah

I actually cooked the potato latkes from scratch making the batter

I think Justin was impressed I actually cooked and it wasnt already cooked and store bought like every other year.


Hailey eating her potato latkes and applesauce


Daniel eating his potato latkes and applesauce





Daddy helping Daniel set up and play with his hot wheels set




Hailey playing with her barbie and horse








The kids happy with their crafts. It will keep them busy throughout the week.






HAiley with her Hanukkah present








Daniel very excited with his hanukkah present









Lighting the menorah









Tonight was the first night of Hanukkah. The kids each lit their menorahs. Daniel has the big one and sissy the smaller one and then we were able to get on the web camera with Grandpa and Grandma and they opened some presents. They got a 101 piece hanukkah craft set for the kids to do crafts together and they each got a package of hanukkah placemats to color in. Daniel also got a way cool t-rex hot wheels toy and Hailey a barbie doll with a jumping horse. Both kids were very happy with their presents thank you very much Grandpa and Grandma. Mommy was in the kitchen actually attempting to make potato latkes for the kids rather then buying them already made this year and after setting the smoke detector off they actually came out pretty good. Im also attempting to cook a full dinner for Christmas Eve by myself since Justin has to work during the day. Hopefully I can achieve that without setting the smoke detector off again. The kids have a very busy week with the next 7 nights of Hanukkah which overlap with Christmas in between so by weeks end they will definitly be two spoiled rugrats. We wish everyone a very happy holiday season and I will try to post pics every night this next week if I get the opportunity.

3 comments:

Monkeys Mommy said...

Too funny about the smoke detector. I do the same thing! Must be a family trait. I've actually set pots on fire while cooking.

I am so impressed with your potato latkes - handmade. Send me the recipie and maybe I'll try to make them too.

Monkeys Mommy said...

Oh and Lily's dress was from Kohls. They have the cutest dresses.

the williams family said...

that's cool because we have our first kohl's opening in march right next to our target that just opened this october so i guess ill be at that plaza alot. It wasnt tottally from scratch but usualy we go to the festival and buy them already cooked. I bought the box of potato pancake mix and you just make the batter with the mix, 2 eggs, water, and vegtable oil but for me its just amazing I cooked on a stove and didnt buy them already cooked like every other year.

Zack The Dog

Zack The Dog

Storm The Cat

Mr Beans

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY WEBPAGE

This is a great way to keep in touch with what's going on in the lives of the Williams' Family. With us being so far away it's great to be able to write and post recent pictures of what's going on in our lives. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. Justin and I have been married for 9 years. Daniel is now 5 years old and Hailey is 3 years. We have Zack the Dog, Storm the Cat, Oscar the Fish, and out latest addition to the family Mr. Beans the dog. Justin is keeping busy working 12 hour shifts at the passenger terminal on base and going to school to complete his small business certificate program. I am currently a stay at home mom taking care of the kids which is definitly a full time job in itself and I spend a great deal of time volunteering at the Airman's Attic on base. Daniel and Hailey both go to pre-school 3 days a week. Hailey is currently in her 3rd year of gymnastics. She was been taking gymnastics since she was 18 months old and Daniel just finished playing basketball on the Lions pee wee league last month. We currently have 17 months left in Alaska and then we dont know where we are going to be moving after that. Justin spends his free time working on his Landcruiser and offroading. I spend my free time scrapbooking and keeping up with our blog, watching movies, and keeping up with the kids and all their activites. Daniel loves dinosaurs, superheros (batman, the hulk, superman, and spiderman his favorites, and doing arts and crafts. Hailey loves horses and ponies, barbies, princesses, playing dress up, and recently Hannah Montana. Keep checking back to our page for the newest happenings going on in out lives.

My Blog List


nine year Anniversary

Holidays 2008

Holidays 2008

About Me

My photo
I am married to the most wonderful man in the world for the past 8 years. we have two beautiful children daniel and hailey and 3 pets. My husband is in the usaf and i am a stay at home mom.